Lucy and I (Rob) went to see Coldplay at the Coventry Ricoh Arena. We
were a little worried that we'd miss it, as the parking arrangements and organisation at the Arena were atrocious, but we got inside in time to see the 2nd Support act (Robyn) who was 'interesting' (i.e. fairly good, but not really 'our thing') and VERY loud (Properly vibrating our internal organs to a worrying degree!).
The actual Coldplay show was great as they know how to make a great display: Huge fireworks marked the start of their set, and then the whole show was punctuated with enormous clouds of confetti, crazy laser shows, about 50 giant themed beach-balls that got thrown into the audience, huge models of butterfly's and chrysalises that seemed to appear from no-where and throughout everyone was given a 'xyloband' to wear on their wrist, which lit up or flashed at certain times in the songs to accompany the music...
Good enough to go again, I reckon!
Looks really good - they've come a long way since I saw them in Bath at the Cricket Pavillion on "pre tour" gig. I was so close I stood my Vodka & Coke on the stage - it was like a school hall :)
ReplyDelete