We finally arranged to get the electrican in to move the light switches in the Bedroom and Living-room on Wednesday. I enjoy doing DIY, but on since buying this house 18+months ago, I've been beginning to dread it!! - The prevous owners have 'bodged' soooo much (e.g. heating pipes that poke out the kitchen ceiling, the living-room radiator that sits so low the carpet fitters struggled to fit a carpet under it, the sockets on the landing which are so low that some transformers cannot be plugged into them, etc,etc) So when it comes to the electrics I now ensure I get in a professional. We've changed the swing of the Bedroom door, so needed to move the light switch, but we also moved the light switch in the Living-room as we could never work out why it was so far away from the door (over 1.5 yards) - making it very awkward to find in the dark. He's a piccy...
Door is on right, old light switch is on left, new light switch is centre (Cable hanging out). I asked why the electrician had to cut the holes above the new switch - there should be any obstructions as it is a internal wall - so he laughed and showed me...
The piece of white wood in the hole is a door frame! - once again the previous owners have done something weird - they've moved the door, and just covered the old one! You can't see in the picture, but there is wallpaper on the inside of board as well!! Can't wait to see what we find next...
No comments:
Post a Comment